The Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer is a champion in the packed field of money back credit cards, on account of its high rewards rate on each purchase and its yearly expense of $0. For purchasers who need to expand rewards while keeping things basic, there is a ton to like about the card. The Citi Double Cash Card is a standout amongst other flat rate cash back credit cards available, principally on account of its high rewards rate, some flat rate cards top out at 1.5%. And keeping in mind that new cardholders would not get a cash sign-up reward, they can move a balance from another credit card. What are some Citi Double Cash benefits? Let us keep on reading to find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Citi Double Cash Card?
- 2 Citi Double Cash Benefits
- 3 What Are Some Of The Drawbacks To Consider?
- 4 Citi Double Cash Card Credit Score
- 5 Citi Double Cash Sign-Up Bonus
- 6 Citi Double Cash Card Credit Limit
- 7 Who Is This Card Good For?
- 8 Should You Get A Citi Double Cash Card?
- 9 Citi Double Cash Card Compared To Other Similar Cards
- 10 Is Citi Double Cash Hard To Get?
- 11 Is The Citi Double Cash A Good Card?
- 12 How Many Card Accounts Can I Have Open?
- 13 Conclusion
What Is The Citi Double Cash Card?
The Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer is an important workhorse among credit cards. With prevalent flat rate money back options, it is ideal for customers who need to pull in monetary compensations that are not much of a hassle, on all that they charge. If it lacks that little something extra, it compensates for it in its reliability.
The essential thing that you need to know about Citi Double Cash Cards is that they give you 2% money back on each buy — 1% when you make it, and another 1% back when you take care of it . There is no restriction to the amount you can acquire, and the yearly charge is $0. The Citi Double Cash Card 18 month BT offer stands up well all alone, however it likewise makes an ideal ally to a bonus category credit card for the individuals who utilize a two-card technique to expand cash-back.
Tantamount to it, this offer would not have all that each credit card customer is searching for. There is no sign-up reward, for instance, nor does it offer approaches to acquire more than its (quite high) base prizes rate. For the individuals who need to move a balance, terms are good yet not excellent. All things considered, to get greatest compensations with least exertion (or cost), you would be unable to find a superior card.
Citi Double Cash Benefits
Here are some Citi Double Cash benefits that you will receive if you have the card:
High cash-back rate
The vital element of this card is its high flat rate of 2% back on all that you purchase: You will procure 1% back when you make a purchase and 1% back when you take care of them, as long as you make at any rate the base installment on time every month. Among its rivals in the prizes space, 1.5% money back is more regular, so the card can be differentiated from others because of this higher rate.
Simplicity of rewards
In case you are the sort of individual who would not like to consider pivoting classes or picking in to various prize alternatives each quarter, the Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer could be the card for you, since you acquire a high flat rate back on each purchase without making any additional strides.
Attractive intro balance transfer offer
The Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer gives an introductory 0%, introductory APR on Balance Transfers for a year and a half, and afterward the progressing APR of 13.99% – 23.99% Variable APR. While you do not bring in cash back on balances that are transferred, moving a current balance onto the card can assist you with trying not to aggregate more obligation at a high financing cost while you take care of it.
To reclaim your cash back, you need to have procured at least $25. At that point, you can decide on a statement credit, check or direct store with a connected Citi investment funds or financial records (or other financial records that you have utilized at any rate twice to pay a Citi credit card bill). The Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer additionally permits you to change over your money back remunerations into Citi ThankYou points, viably at a 1:1 proportion. Citi ThankYou centers can be recovered for things like travel, gift vouchers, purchases made at qualified retailers and other different alternatives.
Citi Entertainment feature
The Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offers awards you exceptional admittance to presale tickets and selective encounters for qualified shows, concerts, games, dining and more.
No annual fee
The card has no annual fee, so you do not need to stress over procuring enough bonuses and rewards to compensate for one. All things considered, the Citi Double Cash Card’s loan fee can be steep. In case you are intending to transfer a balance, realize that the interest charges will eat into the worth you get from the prizes, and possibly neutralize it through and through.
Citi Double Cash Card offers a few significant benefits. Notwithstanding the rewards program and there being no yearly fee, the Citi Double Cash Card gives you admittance to:
- 24-hour security against fraud: You will be alarmed if Citi notices any bizarre action on your account. You are likewise not subject for any unapproved charges to your record, regardless of whether they are made online or somewhere else.
- Citi Identity Theft Solutions: This administration will help you settle cases involving identity threat.
- Lost Wallet Service: If you lose your card, Citi’s lost wallet service will supplant your card in a matter of 24 hours. The administration likewise gives you admittance to emergency cash up to your accessible loan limit.
- Digital wallet: you can make use of your digital wallet to shop online quicker in applications and stores.
- Contactless compensation: When you utilize your actual card, you can exploit the contactless-chip highlight to pay quicker, not just online but in person as well. Simply tap your card to the installment peruser to make check-out fast and simple.
- 24/7 Customer Service: When you need to converse with Citi, they are always prepared. You can call or talk with a customer care representative nonstop.
What Are Some Of The Drawbacks To Consider?
The downsides of the Citi Double Cash Card – multi month BT offer are not really major issues considering the high rewards rate, however they are still worth referencing.
- No Bonus: There is no sign-up bonus that is being offered as a feature, however, you are not losing much since cash back card rewards as a rule are not high in any case. They are normally $150 or less.
- No Outsized Rewards: Twofold money on all buys is incredible, yet it does not move toward the 5% back you can jump on some spending in case you are willing to contribute more effort by utilizing quarterly classification cards.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Its 3% expense for foreign transactions implies this is not an ideal card to be utilized abroad. Numerous cards have no such charge.
- Balance Transfer Fee: The protracted no-premium period on equilibrium moves is serious, and the 3% offset move charge with at least $5 is run of the mill. In any case, the fee actually hurts. That adds up to a $300 expense on $10,000 transferred.
- Redemption Minimum: You should have in any event $25 in remunerations before you can reclaim, equivalent to $1,250 in purchases. A few cards permit you to redeem awards in any sum whenever.
- Reward Expiration: Citi says compensations in the form of cash balances, “terminate” on the off chance that you do not make cash back from your purchases or installments for a year. On the off chance that you quit utilizing the card, make certain to initially recover qualified rewards — or make a minor purchase with the card in any event once every year to reset the clock on lapse.
Citi Double Cash Card Credit Score
Citi does not distribute direct FICO ratings that should have been acknowledged for its cards. Also, different variables go into Citi’s capability choice past your credit score
Citi Double Cash Sign-Up Bonus
Does Citi double cash have a sign up bonus? This is one of the most frequently asked questions on the official Citi website. One major downside of the Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer is its absence of a sign-up bonus. Cashback cards usually offer a $100 to $200 reward to new cardholders who go through a predetermined measure of cash in the initial few months — the Citi Double Cash Card 18 month BT offer does not offer any such incentives. This can be debilitating, yet the drawn out estimation of the Citi Double Cash Card 18 month BT offer can beat an underlying bonus.
Citi Double Cash Card Credit Limit
The Citi Double Cash Card credit limit differs on a person to person premise. Citi does not unveil a base credit limit, however you can for the most part hope to have a credit breaking point of in any event $500 and once in a while a few thousand dollars.
Who Is This Card Good For?
The Citi Double Cash Card is a strong option for individuals who need an incredible rewards rate yet do not have any desire to mess with monitoring bonus rewards classifications. Regardless of whether you do have a credit card with extra prizes on certain spending categories, it could be convenient to likewise have this card in your wallet for any purchases outside of the bonus classifications that acquire under 2%.
The card’s long introduction balance transfer APR advancement makes it an astounding choice for somebody hoping to square away high-interest credit card obligations. And keeping in mind that it charges a balance transfer expense of 3% (least $5), you can compensate for that expense over the long run with remunerations acquired on new purchases after you have taken care of the equilibrium move.
Should You Get A Citi Double Cash Card?
Yes, if you:
- Want to pay no yearly charge.
- Need an initial 0% APR advancement on equilibrium moves.
- Do not want to stress over following prizes classifications.
- Need to bring in cash back on all buys.
- Pay your balance on time every month.
Citi Double Cash Card Compared To Other Similar Cards
Citi Double Cash Card vs. Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Annual Fee: Neither card has an annual fee.
- Rewards: The Citi Double Cash Card offers 1% money back on buys and 1% money back when you pay for buys. The Chase Freedom Unlimited card brings in 5% money back on market buys (barring Target and Walmart buys) on up to $12,000 went through in the main year, 5% money back on movement bought through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% money back on eating and drugstore buys, and 1.5% money back on any remaining buys.
- Sign-up bonus: The Citi Double Cash Card does not have a sign-up bonus. Chase Freedom Unlimited card holders acquire a $200 reward in the wake of making $500 on buys in the initial three months from account opening.
- Advantages: The Citi Double Cash Card offers benefits including elite admittance to entertainment ticket buys, fraud backing and zero dollar obligation on unapproved charges. Chase Freedom Unlimited card holders are furnished with an assortment of purchaser benefits, including zero obligation insurance, buy security and service agreement assurance.
Citi Double Cash Card vs. Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Annual Fee: Neither card has a yearly charge.
- Rewards: The Citi Double Cash Card gives you 1% money back on each buy and another 1% when you take care of it. The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card rewards cardholders with a level 1.5% money back on all buys.
- Sign-up Bonus: The Citi Double Cash Card does not offer a sign up reward. The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a $200 money reward in the event that you make $500 on buys inside a quarter of a year from account opening.
- Advantages: With the Citi Double Cash Card, you get benefits including restrictive admittance to entertainment ticket buys, data fraud backing and attendant service. With the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, you get benefits including no foreign transaction charge, 24-hour travel help benefits, an auto rental collision damage waiver, broadened inclusion and emergency card substitution.
Is Citi Double Cash Hard To Get?
Citi Double Cash Card candidates are assessed dependent on different variables, including their FICO rating and installment history. Citi does not unveil the particular rules they use to assess candidates, however all in all, candidates need fantastic credit to get the Citi Double Cash Card. Excellent credit is normally a credit score at or approaching 800.
Is The Citi Double Cash A Good Card?
The Citi Double Cash Card brings in up to 2% money back remunerations on all purchases — 1% when you make a purchase and another 1% when you pay your assertion — without charging a yearly expense and without a breaking point on the money back remunerations you can acquire. In case you’re searching for a money back remunerations card to use on the entirety of your buys, or a money back remunerations card to use on purchase outside the extra classifications on your different cards, the Citi Double Cash Card is an extraordinary decision.
You can even change over the cash back remunerations brought in on your Citi Double Money Card to Citi ThankYou Points through a connected ThankYou account. Furthermore, in the event that you additionally have an excellent Citi ThankYou card, for example, the Citi Prestige Card or Citi Premier Card, you would then be able to move your compensations to book trips with any of the Citi ThankYou program’s carrier accomplices.
The data for the Citi Prestige has been gathered autonomously by The Points Guy. The card subtleties on this page have not been explored or given by the card backer. There are a couple of disadvantages to the Citi Double Cash Card: a 3% unfamiliar exchange expense, no sign-up reward and insignificant advantages. Yet, considering the procuring rate and the absence of any yearly charge, the Citi Double Cash Card is as yet an engaging choice for some purchasers.
How Many Card Accounts Can I Have Open?
Citi by and large does not restrict the general number of Mastercards you can have open. Notwithstanding, Citi appears to have a most extreme credit line that it is eager to stretch out across the entirety of your Citi cards. Thus, on the off chance that you get an “application pending” notice when you apply for the Citi Double Cash Card and you have at any rate one other Citi credit card, it could merit calling Citi’s reevaluation line at 1-800-695-5171 to check whether you can get endorsed by moving some credit from one of your present cards to open the new card.
On the off chance that you need a flat rate rewards card that does not involve a lot of hassle, it is hard to beat the Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer since its prizes apply to all spending and have no restriction. Returns can be shockingly better in the event that you use it related to a bonus classifications card. The Citi Double Cash Card is a decent card for cash back remunerations. The Citi Double Cash Card likewise conveys a 3% foreign transfer charge and keeping in mind that it offers a starting 18-month, 0% APR on equilibrium moves, the variable APR on new buys and equilibrium moves not paid off inside year and a half can be as high as 23.99%, contingent upon your financial soundness.