Erie Insurance Claims
Erie Insurance is one of the most popular and reputable places when it comes to the claims process. Keep on reading and learn more details about this organization.
Erie Insurance Exchange started in 1925 when two sales reps for the Pennsylvania Indemnity Exchange, H.O. Hirt and O.G. Crawford, left to make their own insurance organization. In three months and 20 days, the two persuaded 90 stockholders to contribute utilizing a handwritten business strategy, raising $31,000 to start their own car insurance organization. The Pennsylvania Insurance Department gave a license to the Erie Insurance Exchange as a car insurance provider, starting the procedure on April 20, 1925. Erie Insurance Exchange was established as a reciprocal, and Erie Indemnity Company was shaped as its overseeing organization. The yearly premium rate per auto was $34.
In its almost a century long business in insurance, after being established in 1925, Erie has gone from offering policies in Pennsylvania to working in 12 states complete. Its inclusion incorporates more populated states like New York and grows to farther states like Tennessee. Regardless of its limited state inclusion, Erie falls within the 15 biggest organizations for market share of the overall industry in both home and auto, and furthermore offers extra policies for life and business.
Erie keeps on building a solid standing, as it climbed five spots in the most recent Fortune 500 rundown. The organization’s standing carries over to its policyholders also, as reflected in Erie being granted a 2020 Confirmit ACE Award for the Voice of Customer classification, which reflects they handle guarantees sufficiently. As far as Erie insurance claims are concerned, the process is pretty simple and straightforward. Continue reading to find out.
How to file and monitor your Erie insurance claims?
You can count on support from ERIE representatives and claims adjusters, who have lots of experience to manage your car, home or business insurance claim. They will contact you right away to review your claim and your insurance coverage. They will also stay in touch with you throughout the process and answer all your queries. Let us begin.
Option 1: Call Your ERIE Agent
Contact your local ERIE agent to start your claim. You will find out that your mind will be more at peace when you talk to someone you already know and who is familiar with the claims process.
Option 2: Call ERIE
In case you are unable to reach your agent, contact Erie. Unexpected events are very stressful, however, they are always ready to help. Call (800) 367-3743 for support 24/7:
- Option 1 to report a windshield or auto glass claim
- Option 2 for roadside assistance provided by Agero
- Option 3 for workers’ compensation claims
- Option 4 to start a new claim for the first time
- Option 5 to speak to a representative about a previously reported claim
- Option 6 for Customer Care for questions about billing, payments and policy information
In order to get a claim for a life insurance policy or annuity contract, call Erie Family Life at (800) 458-0811, option 3.
Checking on your claim
Assisting you stay updated on your progress is important to us. You can check what is going on with your car, home, or property claim at any point through your online account. When applicable, you will be able to view:
- contact information for claims representatives handling your claim
- payment status including history of payments made to you
- rental company and repair shop information
- the status of your claim
Erie car insurance
With Erie car insurance, you can get the standard collision and comprehensive coverage, however you likewise have numerous choices for extra coverage and pricing. As far as length and degree of coverage, Erie has a few features that make it competitive in the market.
At the point when you are looking for car insurance, it is imperative to comprehend what car insurance coverage you need and what you are needed to purchase. Most states require car insurance to drive a vehicle, albeit minimum coverage prerequisites differ from one state to another. This for the most part incorporates liability insurance and uninsured and under insured motorist coverage.
On the off chance that you need additional protection, you might be keen on full coverage insurance. Full coverage is definitely not a particular policy you can purchase, yet rather a mix of coverage types like liability, collision and comprehensive insurance.
Let us take a look at the most common types of car insurance coverage to see how they function:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: Expenses for injuries, deaths or property damage from an accident where you were at fault.
- Collision coverage: Repair costs from traffic-related accidents, regardless of who is to be blamed.
- Comprehensive coverage: Expenses for repair regarding situations that are not in your control, such as weather events, hitting an animal while driving, theft and vandalism.
- Uninsured or under insured motorist coverage: Clinical expenses and property damage expenses after an accident with a driver who does not have enough insurance or does not have any at all.
Car insurance policies from Erie Insurance incorporates some extra coverage that may not be available in all the states, for instance:
- Accident forgiveness: Once you have been a client of Erie for three years, this coverage keeps you from facing a surcharge after your first at-fault accident.
- Pet injury coverage: This provides up to $500 each for veterinary care for pets that are injured in your car in case of an accident, up to $1,000.
If you buy comprehensive car insurance, you will get more benefits with Erie:
- Glass repair with no deductible, and a new set of wiper blades on the off chance that you replace your windshield.
- Locksmith service of up to $75 if you lock your keys in your car.
- Personal items’ coverage of up to $350 for clothes, luggage and other belongings that are present inside an insured vehicle at the time of the accident. Car insurance policies usually do not cover personal items in the car. This extra coverage is also available with Erie’s collision insurance.
The Auto Plus package that you can get with Erie, costs $30 a year (or $25 in North Carolina), and provides additional benefits, some of which may differ from state to state:
- A death benefit of $10,000 for every person if someone dies from a covered accident.
- Diminishing deductible, reduces your deductible by $100 for each consecutive year in which you do not file a claim, up to $500.
- Extra days of rental car coverage after an accident.
- Higher limits for certain coverages, including locksmith expenses and personal items.
- Waived deductible on your car insurance policy if you home (which is also insured with Erie), is also involved in an accident. For instance, if you are reversing the car and hit the door of your garage, only your homeowners deductible would apply.
You will also get additional auto insurance options with Erie, such as:
- Better car protection: If your car is at least two years old and is completely damaged, this coverage will pay for a car of the same make and model two years newer, or it will pay off your car loan in case there is one. However, this coverage is not available in every state.
- Generous rental car coverage and options: Many car insurers offer rental car coverage at an additional cost. In this way, you have a way to get around if your car is in the shop for covered damage. The basic coverage is provided free of cost in its comprehensive coverage by Erie. Nevertheless, you can pay for upgraded rental options, for instance, a luxury car or an SUV rather than a sedan.
- New car protection: If you have a car up to two years old, and it is completely damaged, Erie will replace it with a new car of the latest model year. However, this is not available in every state.
- Rate lock: This allows you to lock in your car insurance rates until you add or remove drivers, add or remove vehicles, or you move altogether. The rate lock benefit is not available in New York, therefore, in this state Erie offers accident forgiveness without a waiting period of three-years.
- Rideshare coverage: On the off chance that you drive for a service like Uber or Lyft, the organizations’ policies cover you when you are carrying passengers or are on your way to pick them up. However, this coverage is not applicable while you are waiting for ride requests. Erie’s rideshare insurance for drivers covers that gap.
Cost of Erie car insurance
The average premium for Erie car insurance is moderately reasonable at $409 every year for minimum coverage and $1,233 yearly for full coverage. These rates are well under the national average for car insurance, which are $565 each year and $1,674 each year for minimum and full coverage, respectively.
- Average annual cost for minimum coverage: $409
- Average annual cost for full coverage: $1,233
- Erie Rate Lock keeps premiums the same year after year except if you are making policy changes, for example, adding or eliminating a vehicle, changing drivers on the policy or moving.
- First accident forgiveness keeps an extra additional expense from being added to premiums following a policyholder’s first at-fault accident, and may have a waiting time of three years depending upon the state you live in.
- Decreasing deductible lessens deductibles by $100 for each claims-free policy year up to a maximum of $500.
- Yearly payment gives a discount to paying your premium forthright in a singular amount or a lump sum.
- Multi-policy policyholders with different vehicles or numerous policies may fit the bill for discounts from 16-25%, which shifts from state to state.
- Safety equipment applies to vehicles with features, for example, airbags, anti-theft gadgets and anti-lock brakes.
- Young driver applies between 5%-20% in qualified discounts for unmarried drivers under 21 who live with their parents.
- College credit offers a chance for insureds to get a discount if their youngster is away at college without access to a car.
- Safe driving gives a discount to being a safe driver with a decent driving record.
- Vehicle stockpiling of a vehicle could qualify you for a markdown in the event that you store your car for 90 consecutive days.
Erie home insurance
Erie is the eleventh biggest insurer for homeowners approaches. The organization has a guaranteed replacement cost and extra alternatives to help better adjust your coverage to your individual requirements. Erie’s home insurance policy incorporates standard coverages like dwelling, personal property, liability and extra everyday costs, in addition to some additional items accessible to customize your homeowners’ insurance.
- Animals are covered up to $500.
- Extra coverage for valuable items such as computers, electronic equipment, firearms, jewelry and other valuables.
- Guaranteed replacement cost offers coverage for dwelling and replacement costs of your home, even if you have to rebuild it entirely.
- Theft or loss of your personal belongings is covered with Erie’s base homeowner policy, which is not provided by many other competitors’.
- Water/sewer backup coverage is an optional coverage provided to safeguard your home and belongings if water backs up into sewers, drains or sump pumps.
Moreover, customized options can also be added to your policy, for instance:
- Coverage for items that are difficult to replace, for example, deeds and passports.
- Coverage for jewelry, art and high-end valuables.
- Coverage for underground utility lines and pipes.
- Coverage for water backup and sump overflow.
- Identity theft recovery.
Cost of Erie home insurance
An Erie’s homeowners insurance policy ordinarily costs $897 each year on average for $250K in abiding coverage. This is extensively not exactly the national average for home insurance policies, which is $1,312 each year. Be that as it may, your premium will probably be distinctive dependent on your area, value of replacement, and various other components.
- Credit for smoke alarm, burglary alarm, and automatic sprinkler system is available, if any such system is installed in your home.
- Multi-policy discount are present for clients who bundle an eligible life insurance policy with their Erie car and homeowners policies.
- You can get an advanced quote discount for acquiring a quote before your renewal deadline.
Erie life insurance
Erie’s life insurance choices incorporate term, whole and universal approaches, however none is accessible in New York. Term life insurance is accessible for terms of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years. Up to $90,000 of coverage is accessible without a clinical test; you will find a solution in a matter of 15 minutes when you apply. Some whole life insurance strategies by Erie permit you to add an accelerated death advantage, which can help pay for long term care in case you are fundamentally sick or cannot care for yourself anymore. Erie offers four general kinds of life insurance arrangements, including an Erie-specific one. The website even gives access to a calculator for clients to use when deciding coverage needs, which analyzes data with respect to your debts, resources and family.
Types of policies offered
- Term life: This policy permits you to decide between a 10, 15, 20, or 30 year plan. The policy can further be divided into two plans — a no-exam policy and a level term insurance policy — to assist you in getting the financial security you need.
- Whole life: In the event that you need to ensure coverage for your family paying little mind to time, whole life insurance permits you to bring in cash value entire for the span of your life. Policies range from $10,000 up to $10 million in coverage, with a free terminal ailment accelerated death benefit rider included.
- Universal life: Erie’s universal life policies give you the elasticity to change your death benefit without buying another policy and taking loans from your policy’s record, which could qualify as tax-free income. Every policy likewise has ensured level death benefits, loan costs and cash value gathering.
- ERIExpress Life: This policy might be a decent choice for people who are between the age of 18 and 55 looking for immediate term or whole life insurance that can come full circle that very day as your application is submitted. You will not require a clinical test for this policy, and coverage goes from $10,000 up to $500,000.
Additional policies offered by Erie
Apart from home, life and car insurance from Erie, customers can also choose the following policies.
- Business auto
- Classic/collectible/custom-built car
- Earthquake (as an endorsement to a home policy)
- Long-term care rider (as an endorsement to a life policy)
- Mobile home
- Motorcycle, RV, boat, ATV, snowmobile, golf cart
- Personal catastrophe liability
- Personal valuables
- Rental income protection
How do I contact Erie insurance?
You can call them on their toll-free number (800) 458-0811, or choose other contact options, as the ones given below. The following list provides various way you can contact Erie insurance in specific situations or for specific services. This list has directly been taken from the official Erie insurance website from under ‘Contact Erie’:
24/7 Emergency Roadside Service
With Emergency Roadside Service added to your ERIE policy, you can always contact the towing company of your choice, or use ERIE’s Roadside Service by calling 800-FOR-ERIE (800-367-3743) to be linked directly to Agero, ERIE’s nationwide roadside service partner. Agero service is available 24/7, so if it is 4 a.m. or a holiday and your vehicle breaks down, you do not have anything to worry about.
Contact a Local ERIE Agent
Look for your local ERIE agent now, or call (800) 458-0811 during business hours to find an ERIE agent near you.
Contact Erie Insurance Customer Care
For cancellation requests, coverage inquiries, or policy changes, please contact your local ERIE agent. You may log in to your online account to check your balance, billing history or to make a payment.
Customer Care Hours of Operation
A member of our Customer Care team can help you with your policy questions.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. or Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern)
ERIE offices are closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
(800) 458-0811, select option 4 for our billing menu, then:
- Select option 1 to make a payment
- Select option 2 for ID cards & declarations page
- Select option 4 for billing
- Select option 5 for all other inquiries
If you email customer care, they will respond within 1 business day to all inquiries received inside our normal business hours.
Erie Insurance Group, 100 Erie Insurance Place, Erie, PA 16530-1104
Start a Claim
Here is how to start your claim:
- Contact your local ERIE agent,
- Call ERIE at (800) 367-3743 for assistance 24/7.
For windshield and auto glass repairs, get in touch with a local auto glass repair business or go through ERIEGlassSM, a nationwide network of glass repair shops that is available to clients through a partnership with Safelite Solutions. You can start an auto glass claim with us by phone, (800) 552-3743, or online.
For workers’ compensation claims, call (855) 492-3665.
Find Erie Insurance Office Locations
The various office locations can be found on the official website under ‘Office Locations and Phone Number’.
Contact Erie Family Life Insurance
Erie Family Life can help you with life insurance, annuities and structured settlements.
(800) 458-0811, select option 3
Erie Family Life Hours
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Email Erie Family Life
Erie Family Life Insurance Company
100 Erie Insurance Place
Erie, PA 16530
All Other Correspondence
Erie Family Life Service Center
P.O. Box 83026
Lincoln, NE 68501-3026
Report Suspected Insurance Fraud
If you suspect insurance fraud, call ERIE’s Fraud Hotline at (800) 368-6696 or make a report by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Charitable Contributions
Every year, Erie receives hundreds of funding requests from many organizations across their footprint. They consider each request carefully. For information about the funding process, go to the Erie Insurance Giving Network website.
Contact Investor Relations
To contact Erie Insurance Investor Relations call (800) 458-0811, select option 1, ext. 7312 or (814) 870-7312. The Fax number is: (814) 870-2717
Contact Media Relations
To contact Erie Insurance Media Relations call (800) 458-0811, select option 1, ext. 2150 or (814) 870-2150
You can also email the media relations team.
Note: Only news media inquires will receive a response. For all other inquiries, please visit our Support Center or call Customer Care at (800) 458-0811.
Subscribe to Erie Insurance Email Newsletters
Subscribe to Erie Insurance email newsletters like Eriesense and Business Sense, weather-related notices, and other Erie Insurance product and news updates by updating your email preferences.
Erie Insurance claims reviews
Erie Insurance’s client rating on Consumers Advocate is 3.6 out of 5 or “excellent.” Erie ranks seventh spot in the 2020 J.D. Force Auto Claims Study out of 24 qualified ranking positions, in which its consumer loyalty score is 880 out of 1,000 focuses. Likewise, Erie scores 880 out of 1,000 in the 2020 J.D. Force U.S. Insurance Shopping Study.
Erie additionally has a complaint index of 1.10 from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, which is marginally higher than normal. The organization’s monetary rating is an A+ by A.M. Best, demonstrating Erie has unrivaled financial wellbeing.
Erie’s mobile application is offered on Android and iPhone, permitting clients to get to their policies, track claims, see ID cards, take care of bills and that is just the beginning. The Android application on Google Play has 3.8 stars and 3.3 stars on the App Store.
BankRate gives Erie a score of 4.4 out of 5, in light of a blend of outsider rankings from the NAIC and J.D. Force, its monetary strength and average quoted rates. This score can be utilized to help you settle on a choice when buying insurance and thinking about Erie.
In 2003, Erie Insurance made its presentation on the Fortune 500 rundown. It right now positions at number 376. Since 2013, Black EOE Journal and Hispanic Network Magazine have granted Erie Insurance the top insurance organization. In 2017, Erie Insurance acquired the ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) Award in the Voice of the Customer class for claims service for the second consecutive year.
Erie Insurance got an ideal score of 100% on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, a public benchmark on corporate policies and practices identified with LGBT working environment uniformity.
In the year 2018, Erie Insurance Group was named to Ward’s 50 top-performing property-setback guarantors. Erie Insurance has made the Ward’s 50 rundown since 1991. Ward’s 50 positions property-setback insurance organizations dependent on their monetary security, consistency, and execution over a five-year time span. The investigation is done on almost 3,000 property-loss insurers and 1,407 life-health insurers, out of which, Ward’s 50 picks the best 50 U.S. based carriers.
Erie Insurance claims Address
Erie Branch Office
4950 West 23rd Street
Erie Branch Claims Office
P.O. Box 13002
On the official Erie website, you can find the addresses of the Erie office in each of the states in which it is present. These states are as follows:
- Maryland/District of Columbia
- New York
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
Erie Insurance sells its items only through an organization of more than 2,000 free offices with in excess of 10,000 authorized specialists. In a February 2013 meeting with the Erie Times-News, CEO Terry Cavanaugh reaffirmed the organization’s obligation to this circulation channel while recognizing the significance of likewise empowering clients to cover bills and record claims online.
Erie has a wide scope of coverages and discounts for accident protection, however restricted discount openings for homeowners insurance. Despite the fact that Erie has a little impression in the U.S., it could be a solid match for policyholders searching for wide auto coverage in the Northeast states. With committed specialists, policyholders needing a customized experience may likewise consider Erie for their insurance needs. Erie Insurance has a long history with demonstrated monetary security and resources, offering excellent auto, home or tenants insurance policies at moderate costs.