Give the following article a thorough read to find out how to read a blue cross blue shield insurance card.
This article provides you with information on Blue Cross and Blue Shield ID cards, including what the logos mean and how to utilize the data on them to protect yourself. Read on to understand and learn more about the components of a Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance card and how to read them.
Key points on your BCBS ID card
When you get your Blue Cross Blue Shield ID card, make sure you review it to see that the following important information is present and clear on your card:
- Check your details twice: see your new card to guarantee subtleties like the spelling of your name and the sort of plan you chose are right. Contact your BCBS organization for help remedying any mistakes.
- Important contact information: Your BCBS ID card has significant contact data to assist you with contacting us. The telephone numbers you require for everything from client assistance to qualification questions are generally found on the rear of your card.
- Your member ID number: Your BCBS member ID card has your part number, and at times, your manager bunch numbers. You’ll require this data while accepting clinical administrations at the specialist or drug store, or when calling client support for help.
- Your type of plan: If it slips your mind or you aren’t sure what kind of health insurance plan you have (like an HMO or PPO), you can discover on your BCBS ID card. On the off chance that you have an HMO, your card may likewise list the doctor or gathering you’ve chosen for essential consideration.
- Your co-pays: Your BCBS ID card may incorporate an elite of the co-pay sums you can expect to pay for regular administrations, similar to a specialist’s visit or excursion to the trauma center. It is the fixed dollar amount or percentage that you pay as your share of the cost for covered services.
Most BCBS-marked ID cards show a three-character alpha prefix in the initial three places of the part’s Identification number. Nonetheless, there are a select few exemptions. ID card for the accompanying item, products and projects don’t have an alpha prefix:
- Independent vision and drug store when conveyed through a middle person model.
- Independent dental items
- The BCBS Federal Employee Program (FEP) – The letter “R” shows up before the ID number.
The alpha prefix is basic for requests with respect to the part, including qualification and benefits, and is vital for appropriate case documenting.
Federal employee program ID cards
Federal Employee Program (FEP) individuals’ ID cards don’t have a three-character alpha prefix. Or maybe, all FEP part ID numbers of people in network will start with the letter “R.”
ID cards from international licensees
ID cards from these Licensees additionally contain three-character alpha prefixes and could conceivably have one of the advantage item logos referred to in the accompanying areas.
Benefit product logos
Different logos might apply to be shown on part ID cards for BCBS Plans in the United States and International Licensees authorized through BCBSA.
Blank (empty) suitcase
A clear suitcase logo on the facade of a part’s ID card implies that the part has out-of-zone inclusion that isn’t a PPO item. Advantage items that show a clear (unfilled) bag logo on ID cards incorporate:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Point of Service (POS)
PPO in a suitcase
At the point when you see the “PPO in a bag” logo on the face of an ID card or prescription, it implies that the part has PPO-or EPO-type benefits accessible for clinical administrations by doctors inside or outside of the United States.
PPOB in a suitcase
At the point when you see the “PPOB in a bag” logo that appears on the front of an member ID card, it implies the part has chosen to receive a PPO/EPO item from a BCBS Plan and the part approaches BlueCard PPO Basic.
Some BCBS ID cards don’t have a bag logo. These incorporate ID cards for Medicaid (State Children’s Health Insurance Programs [SCHIP] regulated as a component of a state’s Medicaid program), Medicare reciprocal and strengthening items (otherwise called Medigap), and ID cards for health plans for individuals who don’t have benefits offered outside of their nearby Plan’s administration territory.
At the point when the logos: HMO, PFFS, MSA, POS, or PPO are shown on the facade of a part’s ID card, it demonstrates the inclusion type the part has in his/her BCBS Plan administration region or locale. plan coverage type
What is the member number on an insurance card?
Your membership ID number guarantees and identifies you as a secured individual find care from Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It’s significant on the grounds that it is the means by which you access your advantages when you need care, much like a charge card lets you utilize your record to make buys. Your part ID number interfaces you to your data in our frameworks, and is the thing that suppliers use to ensure you are secured for accessing a treatment or medication when you look for care.
How do I find my Blue Cross Blue Shield Policy number?
- You can sign into your Blue Access for Members account on the official Blue Cross Blue Shield website, bcbstx.com, and see your arrangement data under the My Coverage tab.
- On the off chance that you have not made an account, yet you can do as such by clicking Sign Up or Log In and afterward click on Register now.
- Once you have access to your account, you can find out your policy and policy number You’ll need this information when receiving medical services at the doctor or pharmacy, or when calling customer service for assistance However, your number should remain the equivalent if your arrangement doesn’t change.
Your BCBS ID Card Contains Vital Health Insurance Information
You will need your member’s initial 3rd card number to login and view your benefits. Several of these things have a place in the household. Our phone, keys, drivers’ licenses and credit cards are always in our hands. For healthcare, it can be found on your blue blood-shield card for identification. Keep it safe in the pocket. Your health insurance card contains essential information you will need if you need medical attention and take prescriptions from a doctor at your place. Keep your card securely stored and up to date helps avoid unauthorized access to your personal information and identity.
What is group ID on insurance.
The group number in your insurance card corresponds to the insurance number assigned by your employer. Providing insurance group number helps companies determine what is included with your company insurance program thereby allowing you to resolve claims quickly.
Now that you know all about how to read a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance card, you are well aware of what the logos mean. If for any case you have more questions regarding the ID card, you can contact the Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service or go on to their website to find out the answers to your queries.