Globe Life Insurance company has been providing insurance since 1951 and now has more than $82 billion worth of policies in force. But what is globe life insurance, and what does it offer? Read this article to know everything about Globe Life Insurance.
Globe life insurance company is one of the oldest companies in America. It offers a wide range of policy types you can choose from, with riders that allow you to customize those policies to your specific needs. The company is primarily known for writing robust policies for children.
Founded in 1951, Globe Life offers a mix of term and permanent life insurance. The company highlights its initial low cost, with $1 buying your first month’s coverage, but that cost quickly increases. Formerly known as Torchmark, Globe Life also sells policies through subsidiaries, including American Income Life, Liberty National Life, United American, and Family Heritage Life. It’s headquartered in McKinney, Texas, and has life insurance agents across the country.
If you are looking for final expense insurance with limited underwriting, perhaps because you have a health issue, Globe Life offers a variety of products suited to this particular need. However, suppose you are healthy or want a more considerable death benefit for income replacement once you pass. In that case, we recommend that you compare quotes from other insurers, as you will get better prices and a more comprehensive set of options elsewhere.
Globe Life offers a wide array of services and claims to help you stay stress-free and enable you to focus on what matters most. Nevertheless, you must seek the necessary information and know everything before purchasing a policy. Here is what we gather about Globe Life for you. Please read ahead!
Table of Contents
- 1 Globe Life insurance policies
- 2 Why choose coverage with Globe Life?
- 3 Globe Life insurance pros and cons
- 4 Globe life insurance reviews
- 5 How do I cancel my globe life insurance policy?
- 6 Global life insurance phone number
- 7 How long does it take for Globe life insurance to pay?
- 8 Globe life mobile app
- 9 Claims denial from Globe Life insurance company
- 10 Conclusion
Globe Life insurance policies
Globe life offers a variety of life insurance policies online and through its exceptional network of agents. None of these policies require a medical exam. Let’s give you an overview of each product that Globe Life offers to its customers.
Term life insurance
Globe’s term life insurance also has no medical exam and offers a limited set of death benefits. You can purchase $5,000; $10,000; $20,000; $30,000; $50,000 or $100,000 in coverage. As the name suggests, term life insurance covers a specific amount of time, or “term,” and helps your family with expenses after you have passed. Term life insurance can help reduce the financial burden so your family can maintain the same quality of life if they no longer have your income to rely on.
With various coverage amounts and term options, Globe Life’s term life insurance policy is a budget-friendly choice to help keep income flowing to your loved ones. Suppose you outlive the policy or end before you receive the benefit. In that case, you can simply renew the policy or apply for a new policy if you want to continue your coverage.
Life insurance for children
Getting a children’s life insurance policy while your children are the youngest and healthiest they will ever be can save you money now and reserve your children’s money in the future. Globe Life allows you to purchase $5,000 to $30,000 in whole life insurance for your child. Your premiums depend on age and health, so the younger and healthier your children are, the lower the premiums.
Globe’s children’s life insurance policy matures with the child’s age. With this policy, the cash value accrues that child or policyholder can use later for important occasions in your child’s life, such as paying their college fee or buying a house.
Whole life insurance
Unlike term life insurance, whole life insurance stays active as long as you pay the premiums and accumulate cash value. Therefore, if you need long-life coverage, you can purchase Globe life’s whole life insurance. Purchasing this insurance from Globe life does not require any medical exam; however, you will be answering a few questions about your health during the application process.
Benefits of a whole life insurance
To help you make the right decision, we gathered a few benefits of Globe life’s whole life insurance.
- Lifelong rates: Lifetime rates will never increase for any reason. The rate you pay when the policy is issued, the rate you pay is locked in for life.
- Build cash value: This whole life insurance policy builds cash value for the future.
- Coverage can never be reduced: Your life insurance coverage will not be reduced for any reason. Your whole life insurance coverage will always remain the same.
- Benefits can never be canceled or reduced: Once approved, your whole life insurance benefit will never be canceled or reduced as long as premiums are paid on time.
Whether you are a new family, veteran, senior, or individual, you can purchase Globe Life’s simple, no medical exam whole life insurance through the mail or with an agent after a short series of Yes/No questions. You pay $1 in the first month; after that, your premiums will not change for the policy duration. But because you are not required to get a medical exam, premiums are significantly higher than if you purchased a policy from an insurer with full underwriting. This policy offers a maximum death benefit of $50,000 in most states.
Final expense insurance
The purpose behind designing the final expense insurance is to pay your funeral costs and other expenses. It also helps to pay the debt if you may leave any behind. This insurance does not require you to clear a medical exam, and premiums are relatively low.
Accidental death insurance
Accidental injury has become the third leading cause of death in the United States. To help cover all your bases, an accidental death benefit added to your life insurance policy can help with costs associated with a fatal accident. A “rider” is an added benefit that you can include in a policy you already have. You can add an accidental death benefit rider to your whole or term life policies. This will bundle your life insurance with even more coverage if you pass from a covered accident.
Globe Life offers accidental death insurance with an initial death benefit of up to $250,000. This benefit increases by 5% each year for the first five years of the policy or until you reach age 70, whichever happens first. Its accidental death coverage has guaranteed acceptance if you are between 18 and 69, which means there are no health questions or medical exams during the application process.
Mortgage protection helps your beneficiaries pay off the mortgage on your home if you die. Globe’s policies include an inflation factor that increases your death benefit by 5% per year, educational benefits for your children, and a payout if you receive amputation due to an accident. In addition to being a guaranteed option, Globe life’s mortgage protection insurance also comes with the following benefits at no extra cost:
- Inflation: For every year your mortgage protection insurance remains in force, your death benefit will increase by 5% from the original death benefit until it increases to 125% or when you turn 70, whichever is first.
- Education: You can have this available on the family plan. Upon the death of a covered accident, we’ll give you an extra 10% on your mortgage protection insurance death benefit if your child is between the ages of 15 and 22 on the date of your covered accident to help them pay for school.
- Seat Belt: If you suffer an accidental death while in a vehicle with your seatbelt on, we’ll pay an extra 10%.
- Dismemberment: Globe life payout extra if your accident ends with amputation of hand, foot, or losing an eye (subject to a table of losses).
- Commercially scheduled airline: If you purchased a commercial airline ticket and are fatally injured by a covered accident, Globe life will match your original mortgage protection insurance’s death benefit.
Other insurance products
Globe Life and its subsidiaries mainly focus on life insurance, although the company does offer supplemental health insurance and annuities, including the following:
- Cancer insurance: Helps to pay for medical expenses, as well as the cost of transportation, lodging, childcare expenses, and income replacement during treatment.
- ICU insurance: Covers part or all of any stays in the ICU that traditional insurance plans may not cover.
- Critical illness insurance: Protects you in the case of loss of income, special needs, or significant lifestyle changes resulting from a covered critical illness.
- Hospital insurance: Helps to cover the costs of deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments during a hospital stay.
- Accident insurance: A lump sum payment available in the case of a significant covered accident.
- Worksite insurance: Available to business owners to offer insurance plans to their employees.
- Until 2019, Globe did business as Torchmark Corporation, with Globe as one subsidiary of the company. Other subsidiaries include United American Insurance Company and Globe Life Family Heritage.
Why choose coverage with Globe Life?
Providing working families protection against the unexpected is a responsibility that Globe Life doesn’t take lightly as a life insurance company. Its life and supplemental health insurance products have simple, Yes/No applications that are easy to understand as Globe Life discusses policy benefits in everyday, straightforward language. You and your family will always be on the highest priority, receiving services all the time.
The representatives are easy to reach by phone, online 24/7, and face-to-face. The products are designed and priced to fit any need or budget and can simply be purchased over the phone, online, in person, or through the mail. Globe Life is experienced and committed to doing right and fair to customers, agents, employees, and communities. As a life insurance company, it strives to positively affect the areas where we live, work, and serve. For more than a century, we have secured the financial futures of working families, helping them to thrive and grow.
Globe Life insurance pros and cons
Following are the pros and cons of Globe life insurance for your better understanding.
- Globe Life Insurance is a large insurance company in the United States with 2 subsidiaries:
- Liberty National Life Insurance
- Family Heritage Life Insurance
- They offer term, whole, and universal life insurance policies.
- They do provide a no-medical exam policy.
- Lower rates for the first month
- You can buy the policy over the phone or online as well
- Globe Life only offers Globe life insurance products. No variety.
- Options are minimal.
- The cost is expensive compared to other life insurance company’s rates.
- You need to get a quote from a life insurance agent for permanent insurance.
- You can only choose 10, 20, or 30 years for term insurance.
- Coverage maximum amounts are limited to $100,000. You are directed to AIG for any coverage above that.
- $5,000 is the minimum coverage amount.
- Far more than the expected number of complaints about a company of its size.
Globe life insurance reviews
You must be wondering whether you should invest your money in Globe life or not. Globe life has several products to choose from, as discussed earlier. The company sells most of them directly to consumers via the internet or direct mail. The three primary policies they sell are term life for adults, whole life for adults, and whole life for children.
As far as Globe life insurance reviews are concerned, you may find mixed ideas and stances despite its high rating. Many of Globe life’s customers said they had challenges contacting customer service or getting good help. The company’s sales team, on the other hand, is incredibly persistent concerning calls and sending materials.
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) keeps track of the number of customer complaints sent to state insurance departments. A score of 1 represents the baseline average, while a zero means there were no complaints to count. As of 2021, Globe Life has a score of 6.56, meaning they have received over six times the amount of complaints than average.
Globe Life insurance advertises cheap coverage and quick turnarounds. But extremely high monthly rates, low coverage amounts, poor customer ratings, and lacking customer service means you should only consider the adult term life package if you want to cover final expenses.
Nevertheless, the financial strength of any organization is vital, so we must mention that Globe Life has top-rated financial strength ratings. Policyholders and stakeholders can trust in their long-term financial security. Despite a few glitches, if we look at Globe life insurance’s online reviews, it is safe to say that you can purchase its policies. Moreover, looking at reviews on its websites, it seems like it is improving its customer services.
AM Best is the credit rating agency that issues financial strength ratings (FSRs) on the insurance industry. These FSRs are opinions of insurers’ ability to meet their policy and contractual obligations. A strong FSR indicates that a company is financially sound and likely to pay out its claims. In 2020, AM Best downgraded Globe Life’s FSR from A+ (Superior) to A (Excellent), citing the company’s low level of risk-adjusted capitalization.
While an A rating is still quite good, any change to an FSR is significant in the insurance industry. AM Best also noted the “balance sheet strength” and “very strong operating performance” within Globe Life’s life/health insurance subsidiaries.
Globe Life was not included in the J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Life insurance study, which ranked 24 life insurance companies based on their product offerings, pricing, communications, and customer interactions. However, it jumped into the 2020 study at No. 2 in overall customer satisfaction among life insurance providers. Globe Life was No. 6 in the 2021 J.D. Power study.
How do I cancel my globe life insurance policy?
Life insurance companies typically offer a 10-day “free look period.” You have ten days to cancel your policy with a free look period and have your money ultimately refunded without penalty. At the same time, Globe Life offers a more generous 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not happy with your insurance plan for any reason, you can cancel your policy, and Globe Life will fully refund your money.
After the introductory 30-day period, the cancellation policy may vary by your insurance plan. Considering the number of complaints customers have lodged about how Globe Life handled policies and accounts, make sure you read all policy documents carefully and understand all penalties and fees associated with your insurance plan before signing and agreeing to its terms.
Global life insurance phone number
Globe life is always ready to answer customer questions about existing policies or provide more information to prospective customers regarding our supplemental insurance products for civil service employees. You can call their toll-free customer service number at 800-831-1200, and a representative will assist you. You can visit their website to confirm the number as well.
How long does it take for Globe life insurance to pay?
The claims process varies based on product and individual circumstances. Once the necessary claim information is received and the claim is determined payable, most claims are paid within 10 to 15 business days for your check to arrive following the date that your claim gets processed. If you have not received your check within 30 days of processing your claim, you should reach out and contact Globe directly. The contact details, including email address, phone number, and working hours, are given on the website.
If the policy has been in force for longer than two years, it is considered “Incontestable,” which means it will be paid as soon as all required documents are received and examined. Whereas if the policy has been in force less than two years, it is considered “Contestable” and will be subject to further review, increasing the processing time.
Globe life mobile app
If you are a current Globe Life policyholder or you are interested in learning more about our insurance products, download this free Globe Life Insurance mobile app. With this app, you can:
- Pay your monthly premium bill
- Accept additional coverage options when eligible
- Set up one-time payments
- Update your personal information
- Learn more about coverage options
- Connect with us via social media
Once you download the app, log in with the same User ID and Password that you use on the Globe Life’s eServiceCenter website or you can register as a new user. This app is optimized for iPad and iPhone 4 onward.
Claims denial from Globe Life insurance company
Especially because Globe Life insurance company sells direct to consumers on the internet and stresses the economic value of life insurance, their review of applications when the policy is purchased is not as complete as some other companies. But if your loved one passes away during the first two years of the policy, watch out. There will be a vigorous investigation.
Globe life insurance is owned by Torchmark, notorious for serious legal issues.
Torchmark subsidiaries Globe Life and accidental insurance came under fire for marketing individual health insurance policies. Some highlighted tactics included selling replacement policies that did not replace all of a person’s coverage. Company agents would convince policyholders that their current coverage would be discontinued at age 65, even when it was guaranteed for life. They then would offer new policies that were not worth as much. Another tactic involved offering “low cost” policies at rates that quickly shot up.
Globe life insurance is a very well-known company and has a high level of brand awareness. This is due to the widespread marketing campaigns targeting prospective clients interested in acquiring funeral life insurance to pay for burial costs. To pique interest, seniors are often flooded with direct mail promotions and emails bosting “$1 a month coverage” and other marketing campaigns. This could lead to wondering if Globe Life Insurance is a reputable company and if this offer is legitimate. However, few complaints about customer service; Globe life provides an overall good experience and recommendations.